1950s summer casual fashion with bakelite rainbow bangles and vintage squaw dress patio skirt


      On Thursday, we went out for our weekly date night: dinner and Dark Shadows at the movies.
 I wore an entirely new outfit. I was feeling like a big poo all day (note the wild hair) on Thursday and the only way to get me out of the house in a good mood was color.

Thankfully, my brand new, gorgeous, fabulous, comfortable  wedges from Modcloth came in the mail.
1950s summer casual fashion with bakelite rainbow bangles and vintage squaw dress patio skirt


These shoes looked amazing on the site but reviews noted that they run quite big. I usually wear a size 9.5-10 and have wide feet so I ordered a size 9. Like many other reviews said, the ankle strap could use an extra hole to make them fit a bit tighter but other than that, these shoes are perfection! The color is darker and more golden than the Modcloth photo and they are gorgeous. If they had these in other colors, I'd probably buy one of each. I wore them all day and they were wonderfully comfortable.

Also, my new favorite skirt from local St Louis vintage shop Retro 101. I went down last weekend to meet a blog reader and while shopping, I spotted this gorgeous skirt. I think it may have been part of a two piece sqaw/patio dress. Do you think I should make a matching blouse this summer?
1950s summer casual fashion with bakelite rainbow bangles and vintage squaw dress patio skirt


Outfit
1940's blouse-handmade by me, using my own pattern
rainbow ric rack skirt-Retro 101
shoes-Modcloth Sunset Lemonade Wedge
Jamaica handbag-estate sale
1950's pink at eyes-flea market
assorted bakelite
hair bow-Jack's Daughter

*disclosure-Va-Voom Vintage is an affiliate of Modcloth*